Saturday, January 28, 2012

Utili-key


This is a neat little tool I picked up awhile ago and carry everywhere I go. It is called the Swiss tech Utili-key and as you can see is a key shaped mini multi tool. The tools it has are a serrated blade, standard blade , flathead screwdriver, Phillips head screwdriver, eyeglass screwdriver and bottle opener. I especially like that it has an eyeglass screwdriver, and anyone who wears glasses and has had a screw walk itself half out knows how nice it is to have the only tool that will help.



As you can see, it is quite small, just a little bit bigger than a standard key and it weighs about half an ounce. I will not lie to you my gentle readers, the knife is pretty crappy. However, I did manage to give myself a decent cut while opening a beer one afternoon. It was probably my fourth of the afternoon (barbeque) so maybe it was mostly my fault. But I do manage to use the Utili-key a lot. I use it as a prying tool quite often, opening paint cans or the damn weedeater or whatever because it is stainless steel and much stronger than a regular brass key and much better for rough tasks than my pocketknife (which of course is mainly for opening boxes and cleaning my fingernails) I can't recall what I paid for it, but I think it was about $7-10. Certainly not the best tool or knife in existence, but cheap and easy to carry. Do remember to take it off your keys before going to the airport though folks. Those TSA fools can't find a bomb, but they will likely send you to Guantanamo for this 2" blade.

2 comments: